Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: 作ってもらいたいパーツ Wish List
s13/s14 subframe conversion bushings << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Hollywood
Wed Jun 20 2012, 03:12AM
Registered Member #708

kaspar just dont reply you make no sence. why would you run s14 front lower control arms on the rear.. your killing me bro!! just stop already..
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Jun 20 2012, 06:58PM

Registered Member #2

the side spacing of S13 and S14 RLCA's subframe mount bushings are different
NismoPlsr
Wed Jun 20 2012, 07:28PM
Registered Member #988

Hollywood wrote ...

dude you make no sence what so ever... either way im sure dan will pipe in, we have all ben over it and found the correction in geometry with the subframe risers and the addition to the modded knucles give you much better geometry without increasing track in the rear. s13's are notorious for under stear as it is. widening the rear would only make that worse, regardless of geometry.

ps you want squat, weight transfer creates traction and more traction = more controle.

I am talking about "anti-squat" in suspension design (it's a valid term to describe a property of the geometry), not whether the car actually squats. The point of swapping to s14 subframe is the inherent lesser % of anti-squat.

[ Edited Wed Jun 20 2012, 07:29PM ]
NismoPlsr
Wed Jun 20 2012, 07:31PM
Registered Member #988

Hollywood wrote ...

kaspar just dont reply you make no sence. why would you run s14 front lower control arms on the rear.. your killing me bro!! just stop already..

He is talking about gaining more track width in the front to compensate for the small difference in the rear.
o.g.darkdrifter
Fri Jun 22 2012, 04:50AM
Registered Member #580

I think what Dan and Hollywood are trying to say is that it will be more cost effective and provide better performance to simply run the subframe risers and play with rear springs than to have to deal with swapping subframes between the two chassis, and thus developing something to assist in doing so would be a waste of their time.
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jun 23 2012, 12:12AM

Registered Member #2

I would not go so far to say its a waste of time,

I mean there are companies that make it already, so the need can be met already, and I understand that when people ask us to do it, its just because they prefer buying from MAX so I really do appreciate that factor. Its just that since we know there are other suppliers, and its not a high volume part, its not top priority to get this made.
kaspar
Mon Jun 25 2012, 01:46AM
Registered Member #782

NismoPlsr wrote ...

Hollywood wrote ...

He is talking about gaining more track width in the front to compensate for the small difference in the rear.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!! realistically,i did it cuz i got rid of my rotted to high hell s14,and just threw the shit in the s13....i dont have much s13 left at this point anyways
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF