Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
InsTanCeZ
Sat Jun 30 2012, 09:25PM
Registered Member #2375

Do you guys recommend using sway bars? I know there's a lot of people who will disconnect them for drifting, and there's a lot of people who will swear you need aftermarket, bigger, and adjustable ones. What do you guys recommend for an S14? You guys seem to like stiffer springs so I'm assuming you don't really use them?
kaspar
Mon Jul 02 2012, 02:49AM
Registered Member #782

ive taken them out of the majority of my cars,just the rears though. i think i only know one person running the rear,and hes mainly stock
Hollywood
Mon Jul 02 2012, 04:16AM
Registered Member #708

have run them without and with and i prefer them with.. without i found that you end up maxing out the coilover adjustment on the stiff side to compensate for the excessive amount of grip added in the removal of the sway bar.. i say run the stock sway and then adjust spring rate and dampening as need be, there is imho not enough power to be made in sr powered cars to justify the removal of the rear sway. as for the front the size of the sway will increase or decrease understear but again this can also be adjusted with dampening, ride height, and also simple wheel spacers.... hope this helps you in any way..

if your just starting out drifting i would be sure to check the end links and bushings of your stock sway bars and run those and try adjusting the dampening of your coilovers to suit your driving and feel. if you feel like you cant get enough grip out of the rear (latterally) then try removing the sway bar.

[ Edited Mon Jul 02 2012, 04:18AM ]
InsTanCeZ
Mon Jul 02 2012, 08:45PM
Registered Member #2375

Okay, thank you.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF