Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: 作ってもらいたいパーツ Wish List
Quick ratio manual steering rack << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
lsdjunkies
Mon Aug 06 2012, 01:18am
Registered Member #1082

Yep. Quick ratio manual steering rack by max.
S13/S14
Would buy in a heartbeat.

[ Edited Mon Aug 06 2012, 01:31am ]
Hollywood
Mon Aug 06 2012, 06:32am
Registered Member #708

why in the world would you want a manual rack ?

with the proper set up you can get the benefits of a manual rack without the draw backs of one..

I convinced kado to go from manual to power. and now he will never go back...

set up is everything my friend !

[ Edited Mon Aug 06 2012, 06:33am ]
lsdjunkies
Mon Aug 06 2012, 03:21pm
Registered Member #1082

We all know the discussion on the subject, and there are plenty of other forums that discuss the manual/power argument.

I would like a manual rack with a quicker ratio. It's rare to find a hicas rack, and sacrilege to hack one up.
I love PBM's dedication to development of a design. Max is one of the few companies I trust my parts from.
Thought it an interesting idea since there are no real aftermarket rack options for a very large crowd of 20+ year old cars.

Hollywood
Mon Aug 06 2012, 08:03pm
Registered Member #708

thats because there isnt a reason to make an aftermarket rack given the amount of sucsess that is the factory rack. to be quite honest with you there is no reason to make a manual rack.

ps tha ratio of the rack is accellerated by the pbm sak and pro knuckle mod which increases the lock to lock ratio without the need of a complete aftermarket rack.. so in actuality the have done this without reinventing the wheel.

im sure dan has some other techno numbers for you on this as... From what i can see and know of the s chassis (which is a stupid amount) there is no need for a replacement of the rack it self. only the location and ratio like you suggested and which have all been acheived threw the rack relocation bushings and super angle kit...

hope this helps and thanks for being a dedicated parts shop max customer and follower like my self..

ps keep thinking up more new inovative things for these guys to chew over though, the second we stop trying new things is the second we all quit
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Aug 06 2012, 08:47pm

Registered Member #2

right, the knuckles do the quick steering already.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF