Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: 話すことはなんでもいいです Chat About Anything :: トピック以外の投稿 Off topic posts
tires. what brand how long do they last and whats your feed back on feel. << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Hollywood
Mon Jul 01 2013, 07:48PM
Registered Member #708

so yeah since we all have limited funds lets post feed back on longevity and shit about tires. and if anyone needs gt radials or good year anything let me know can maybe hook it up if your not to far or at an event im at.

so yeah ive ran everything i can think of and longevity and feel nothing imho beats the maxxis maz1 drift last forever and grip sooo hard. but there expensive..

alternative to that is the gt radial uhp and 328 tires. china rules here. there cheap like 50 bucks a tire (depending on size) have moderate grip and can hold a ton of psi. like 90 or something all day long. so yeah there are my 2 cents. hit me up with your info and faves likes and hates. and if your new well we can help ya with all that shit also size tire to what wheel and power level so on and so fourth. hopefully this helps people get to more events and drive and have more fun. hopefully
1320drift
Wed Jul 03 2013, 03:28AM
Registered Member #1109

I'm up for trying some of those gt radials. Compared to ss595 and atr sports how do they grip and wear? federals are always on back order for 235 or 245/40/18 and they don't make the atr sport anymore. I am in need of finding a new brand.
Hollywood
Wed Jul 03 2013, 08:09PM
Registered Member #708

well tyler wolfson runs them on his rx7 in xdc or whatever and has for a while now. but he gets uhp (ultra high performance) which are still hard to get in the states. my company buys the 328 by the container and so far i have gone threw two brand new sets of sliding almost every day to and from work and i feel like there to sticky for my stock ka street car. but fuck the price is right around the same as a crappy triangle septer and 5 times more grip.... there worth giving them a shot. and let me know what size ill get you some at my cost to try out..

in comparison to federals id say they have a little more grip but i dont think the longevity is the same.

asside from those cheep bastards ive tried almost every hankook and the more inexpensive of the line are shit and the expensive ones are to much imho for what we do without the longevity... unless its the vr1 but i dont have enough power for those.....
1320drift
Fri Jul 05 2013, 05:23PM
Registered Member #1109

235/40/18 I'm guessing the tires would have to be shipped. Kind of a pain in the ass huh?
deolio
Sat Jul 06 2013, 02:52AM
Registered Member #1048

my favorites so far for rear were some continental extreme contact dw's i think? used them on my z and they lasted an entire day at the track when usually i would go through about 1.5 pairs per event. they also put out a bunch of smoke.

in my s/c miata i use whatever generic cheap-o chinese tires my local mom-n-pop tire shop has in stock. usually 195/50r15's and they'll last about 2 events as long as there isn't any crazy long ebrake entries. i'm pretty impressed with the smoke, grip, and use i'm able to get out of them. i think i usually get black lion or something and pay less than $200 for a set mounted/balanced.

we'll see how long they'll last once i put the 13b-rew in haha...

i'm in norcal so that's probably too far, but if you'll be at ASB i'd love to have a hookup

[ Edited Sat Jul 06 2013, 02:53AM ]
1320drift
Fri Jul 12 2013, 07:04PM
Registered Member #1109

Americas tire has 235/40/18 UHP1 for $77. They are the only ones I've found with them in stock.
Hollywood
Fri Aug 02 2013, 09:21PM
Registered Member #708

yeah Americas tires has uhp's and most any goodyear dealer should have them in stock or at least a day out. I can shit anywhere and its rather easy just some shrink wrap and bam there out. not the cheapest thing in the world but yeah.

as far as asb im not going to make it the wife talked me into a new land rover so im tapped out. but on a lighter note I now have a rad tow vehicle so yeah should be rad.

on a tire note I took to the mountain road to Jerome last weekend in the rain on a brand new set of eagle f1 tires in a 215/40/17 size on all four corners and to be honest the with of the 215 is more like a 225 because of the built in rim protector so the tire is much wider than stated on the side ball. but they were free and I wanted to see why the guys at work like them.. at the bottom of the pass it was raining and wet and they worked well great feed back and I had a lot of confidence but when I got into the dry they are greasy and very unpredictable. so I would say there a fat zero for the price, I still love federals for all around and all weather tires and those gt radial 328's for smoke and dry weather grip. shit was super solid.

ordered a set of hankook vr1's and a set of coopers not sure what model but my cooper rep told me there amazing which means hes a fag and knows nothing of what im looking for in a tire. but im sure ill post up some responses soon (weather permitting)

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF