Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: アメリカ人用ー(ドリ天とD2Dの通訳)Wizdom of Japanese Media translated into english by Martin :: Wizdom of Drift Tengoku Magazine
326 power parts debut << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Martin
Sat Jan 24 2009, 12:44AM
Registered Member #5

Drift Heaven, Febeurary 2009, pg36~39.

"recently, I think people who fix up VIP cars have thought about really low car rides and its improvement way more. I think it shouldn't be this way. we are the roots of shakotan" said by Haraguchi, who is one of our most respected drifters and makers of super low drift cars!
Haraguchi says, "last year it was pretty popular to have drift cars with 18s up front, 19 in the back, but for this year I think 18's all the way around but rear wheel tucked half way in the quarter panels is going to be hot, well at least that is what my car looks like this year. Last few years, a lot of people have been giving up and raising their cars to get more suspension travel for performance. I say, instead of raising your car to achieve good suspension travel, make your suspension to have same suspension travel at way lower ride heights."

So the lowrider drift legend Haraguchi himself came out with parts this year to help people who hasn't forgotten what is it to be a "shakotan"=low rider and still have fun drifting, even at a competition level (to look and drift better with people who has performance oriented cars)!

#1 Haraguchi RUCA
-Newly designed in the way so when the suspension is compressed, it does not hit the chassis.
-Ball joint with more rage of motion.
Haraguchi says,"basically when your car is so low, your regular suspention arms does what is called "arm lock" which prevents you from having suspension travel."

#2 Haraguchi tie rod ends
-Designed to off set the tie rod end so that you would have less chance of liocking your steering.
-wider range pillow ball end.(steering can feel smooth this way, no arm lock.)

#3Haraguchi toe controll rods
-As we all know when you lower your car a lot, your roll center changes and some cases toe rods would hit the subframe mounting point. my toe rods are bracketed in the way that the toe rods can have a full range of motion.
"every small thing counts, raising your subframe can help greatly to your suspension travel and roll center. I was able to get the subframe up by 20 mm by taking the collars and moving the E-brake lines. This modification is almost essential for super low drift cars"

#4Haraguchi traction rods
"people usually say shortening your traction rods can give you more traction, but at 326 power, we lengthen them for super lowered cars. instead of rear lower arms moving forward, it strokes toward the back and release its energy."

He also wanted users to understand that besides these suspension products, obviously you have to achieve fender to wheel clearance in order to get the right suspension travel.
The best way to know where in the wheel wall to modify by bolting on all the links and parts, then take off the bottom bracket off the coilovers. Use a jack to lift up the suspension with the desired wheels and tires and see where it hits. So you can either hammer to it or fabricate a new wheel wall.
He has a few more products that he is working on right now. Next one up is front lower arms with tension rods build in to it.

[ Edited Sat Jan 24 2009, 12:54AM ]
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jan 24 2009, 02:08AM

Registered Member #2

Haraguchi is one of my all time favorite drifters from the old school option and DT videos (before this sport was popular in the states) you know Martin you saw me with the VHS vids - back in 1999!! I love this guy all because of his super low style and crazy technique. Its interesting that the all time king of shakotan releases a line of parts 10 years later - all of them designed to accomplish the same goals we have for our parts. Its pretty cool that the theory behind our parts design over the last 2 years is backed by and practiced by Haraguchi. Business wise I sure am glad that all of his parts are double the price of Parts Shop MAX
white lao tzu
Sat Jan 24 2009, 09:04AM
Registered Member #12

i think him from 2003 is cool but now he sucks
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jan 24 2009, 10:45PM

Registered Member #2

lol Haraguchi '03 was the japanese version of matt.

[ Edited Sat Jan 24 2009, 10:46PM ]
Never Lift
Mon Jan 26 2009, 04:29AM
Registered Member #9

see even he suggests the higher mounting of th subframe. And i like the 326 cars matt. even if they arent that good looking of style, at least they are stylish drift cars yaknow wat i mean? and you should scan the pix on here if there are some
white lao tzu
Mon Jan 26 2009, 05:49PM
Registered Member #12

i know you do lol
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Jan 26 2009, 08:22PM

Registered Member #2

Never Lift
Mon Jan 26 2009, 10:22PM
Registered Member #9

see that car is dope!!!
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Jan 26 2009, 11:40PM

Registered Member #2

no doubt but I prefer a flush rim to a tucked one, its less "minitruck" style
Never Lift
Tue Jan 27 2009, 06:01AM
Registered Member #9

im switchin it up i prefer tucked to flush as loong as its not sunk. i need the subframe risers though. lets do this
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF