Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: アメリカ人用ー(ドリ天とD2Dの通訳)Wizdom of Japanese Media translated into english by Martin :: Wizdom of Drift Tengoku Magazine
RMR Genesis at Long Beach << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Dan at MAX USA
Thu Jun 04 2009, 08:03pm

Registered Member #2

The really suprising thing about this is that no one could get any photos of the engine bay because they were trying to conceal the nissan motor they were forced to run in fround 1 of FD. I guess the guys at Drift Tengoku are the only ones cool enough to gain access. Now that I see this there are a couple of peculiar things when you comapre to at the shots of the article "Rhys Millen's drift car finally ready to run with Hyundai Power" http://genesisdrift.net/index.php?showtopic=135 you can see that the car is now using hyundai power but in the DT photos the carbon intake manifold cover looks like the Hyundai OEM setup but its not and the turbo and pipes are identical

[ Edited Thu Jun 04 2009, 08:16pm ]
Martin
Thu Jun 04 2009, 08:42pm
Registered Member #5

June, 2009 Drift Heaven Magazine. Pg 114~115.

Genesis coupe
"Dr Rhys Millen"

This drifting Hyundai genesis coupe is made by RMR...Rhys Millen racing. Looks like Rhys is sponsored by hyundai this year. (upcoming company in motor sports right now) He used to drive the GM solstice but they no longer had backing from them.
we are so jealous because everything about this car is done professionally. They don't have racing team for nothing, but there know how to build a competitive car.
First of all this genesis only weighs 1088kg,,,,,,, meaning that its lighter than our silvia's and 180sx. Built in air jack, organ style peddles, one off carbon fiber dash reminded me of a racing car. Formula D tech was checking for tire compound that day but the car had Toyo proxis R1R 225/40/18 in front 265/40/18 in the back.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF