Dan at MAX USA
Thu Jan 05 2012, 07:57pm

Registered Member #2

it will need to be the 25th for me.
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Feb 08 2012, 03:44am

Registered Member #2

Some Hand brake and ABS delete action up in this POS

computer cover with bolt on bracket. You have to keep this computer or the speedo wont work, and you will have limited revs.

Earls -4 line from the OEM master T to left and right front brake hard lines.

Earls 12mm 1.0 thread to -4 braided line adapters on the OEM master cylinder

rear line front the OEM master goes into the tranny tunnel for hand brake inlet, and the hand brake outlet Ts to the rear brake hard lines.

Parts Shop MAX 2012 Hand brake with Wilwood .750 in-line master cylinder is welded to the tranny tunnel in front of the shifter pointed to the driver side

Parts Shop MAX gold annodized hand grip (you can use any BMX MTB or MX grip with 7/8" ID.

Interior panels installed

You can see the only mod to the interior is a small notch in the plastics.
There are Brake and ABS lights illuminated on the dash now.

After redundant brake bleeding, we have totally flawless functionality in the Genesis just like all the other drift cars I have done using the same parts and install methods.

[ Edited Thu Jun 08 2017, 02:24am ]
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Feb 29 2012, 05:15pm

Registered Member #2

Genesis track debut
ozonegc
Tue Oct 16 2012, 01:59pm
Registered Member #2986

How are the coilovers and subframe riser for DD? I will be purchasing eventually your coils and subframe risers first for my suspension but i wanted to know how they were for DD since i drive a lot going to college and the shitty roads here in Miami. Let me know dan. All the work is beautiful and honestly you have no idea how happy i am that you guys decided to make parts for the genesis.
Dan at MAX USA
Tue Oct 16 2012, 11:03pm

Registered Member #2

they are stiffer but absolutely fine for daily driving
Hollywood
Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:24pm
Registered Member #708

hey ben spies put the elbows down bro !! dude seriously clean install as always and that thing handles for being all stock motor wise.... thats impressive.
ozonegc
Thu Oct 18 2012, 04:22pm
Registered Member #2986

Niceee dan looking very good man. very excited about this
ozonegc
Fri Nov 02 2012, 04:39pm
Registered Member #2986

Hey dan i have a question is the struts normal design or are they inverted? I really like the concept of inverted struts and how they disperse heat and stress more efficiently over the non inverted designs. Let me know!
Dan at MAX USA
Tue Nov 06 2012, 11:16pm

Registered Member #2

normal. we like the adjuster on the top, not the bottom. I understand there is some preferences towards inverted, but in our testing we dont see it. If you crash so hard that the dampers bend, you have some really big problems besides $100 replacement dampers.
Dan at MAX USA
Fri May 03 2013, 11:33pm

Registered Member #2

A customer of mine had a question on how to set up the Parts Shop MAX PRO Coilover top plates for install and what that means for camber and caster.

On the genesis you can get it wrong because the three OEM mounting holes are not an equlateral triangle like other cars. There is a left and right top plate that has a mirrored bolt pattern. There is an top side with recessed slots for the cap head screws and a flat bottom side om the top plates. Top plates are not preinstalled so that the parts fit in a standard shipping carton.

The Genesis is caster challenged, too much caster that is, so much that with any good steering angle the wheel face is pointing at the ground.

This problem is compounded by having steering angle mods so the goal for us is to add static negative camber and reduce caster.

These settings are a personal preference but I'll go over the different possible positions of the top plates with some button head screws representing the mounting holes in the car.

The top of the pictures is the front of the car
The bottom of the pictures is the rear of the car.

Position 1. This is the standard camber only position, no caster change.

Position 2. This is a -30 degree rotation from position 1 which allows for a higher caster angle.

Position 3. this is a +30 degree rotation from position 1 which allows for a lower caster angle.

Position 4. this is a +60 degree rotation from position 1 which allows for much lower caster angle.

Camber is also adjustable independently of the top plate on the slotted upper hole on the coilover front lower mount.

[ Edited Fri May 03 2013, 11:57pm ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF