Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
TongWoo
Mon Jan 18 2010, 09:02pm
Registered Member #649

What's up everyone! My name is Justin Woo. Was always into Nissans a long time ago. Used to have a shop here in town. Long story short: Eventually got into bikes and used to stunt for a while. Have had a ridiculous amount of crashes until I finally blew out my acl, mcl, and vertically fractured my femur. Don't mind the crashing, but the knee dislocates every time I crash now, so I'm gonna get into drifting so I can enjoy having fun and crashing again, lol. Right now I'm a squid all over again, but I'm looking forward to having a ton of fun.

Pretty basic setup so far:
stock ka. Dude put headers and an intake on it before I had it (car was given to me after being broken into. They stole the hatch and the hood)
prepped it and painted it. kinda bright color...
Threw a dmax hood on it.
Janky Ksport coilovers (I think the rates are 9, 7) I'd like to get some pbms along with the pbm Toe arms)
front tension, swaybars, ruca, toe, subframe spacers, failing vlsd, jgy tranny mount, blah blah blah etc etc
Ghetto rota p45r's in 17x9.5 +12, sparco seat....
Either way, got a clean r33 gts clip. Going to do pbm hmic, super angle, and hydro. maybe a few more pbm parts.
I'm looking forward to the RB, but I don't want anything too crazy out of it. Really looking for useability over power. Not great, but not bad for a free car...

TongWoo
Mon Jan 18 2010, 09:08pm
Registered Member #649

BTW I think this pic was taken pre alignment. Right now I've got a pretty conservative -1 rear camber -2.5 front with a half degree toe out in the front and lik 8 degrees caster. I'm going to throw more camber in the front and dial the caster back when I get the superangle. I figure I'll need more spring rate up front with the rb as well. I saw in another post where Kuroi is running 12kg fronts or something super high
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Jan 18 2010, 10:32pm

Registered Member #2

welcome, sorry about the bones I know what that feels like = )
TongWoo
Mon Jan 18 2010, 10:51pm
Registered Member #649

Haha, yeah it sucks. I've had tons of breaks and dislocations, but this knee thing just did me in. I can't afford any downtime not being able to walk. I've got a small restaurant and a wife and two daughters to take care of! I'm gettin old anyway (33), so I figured I'd lay off the stuntriding and start wrecking something with more metal around me... Here's an old video of the riding... if I can get it to work.

Hopefully I can apply myself to drifting. Either way, I'm gonna have a blast. I'm in VA about an hour or two from VIR and 3 hours from Summit point. Hopefully there will be some events or drift days so I can get started.

[ Edited Wed Jan 20 2010, 12:05am ]
danegerous
Tue Jan 19 2010, 04:52am
Registered Member #52

Had ACL surgery earlier this year bro, totally blows
adrian
Tue Jan 19 2010, 07:22am
Registered Member #107

its jan 17th.how much earlier did you have it lol
TongWoo
Tue Jan 19 2010, 02:23pm
Registered Member #649

Damn, this acl/mcl stuff does suck. My knee has come fully out 5 times in the last 9 months. I was in between insurance companies, so I'm screwed as far as getting a surgery right now. It really sucks. I never know if it's gonna get sketchy when I take a step. Totally takes away any physical security. Hahaha Physical Security. That should be the name of a C and C Music Factory cover band.
Yarberry
Tue Jan 19 2010, 05:29pm
Registered Member #645

i wanted to get a bike before i got my car.. good thing i didnt haha
TongWoo
Tue Jan 19 2010, 06:44pm
Registered Member #649

Ahh man, I had a good time stuntriding, but most motorcyclists are poser idiots. I'm definitely ready to move on from it. I traveled every week for a few years stunting, so I'm pretty much burnt on the bikes by now anyway. The knee thing was nuts. It definitely snuck up on me. Probably coulda happened skateboarding or snowboarding a long time ago. I'm probably lucky it lasted this long. It's probably a good thing that I can't get the surgery right now. I think not having it will help keep me off the bike long enough to get me back into cars.
TongWoo
Mon Aug 01 2011, 12:20am
Registered Member #649

Been a while since I've been on here. After a ton of bad luck, I finally got the dirty crunch all together again. Also just bought a Ram 3500 cummins TD and a trailer, so finally have a way to get to the track!

[ Edited Mon Aug 01 2011, 12:23am ]
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF