Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
MattRose
Tue Aug 31 2010, 03:05PM
Registered Member #829

Hey, my name is Matt Rose and I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Heres my build so far thats been copy and pasted from my local forum/blog.

This is dated from June 2010 so bare with me.

So after months of looking for a car I finally narrowed it down to what I wanted and I went and bought it. I had convinced myself that there was no way I'd find exactly what I was looking for with low mileage, locally.

Well long story short i went to JapanPower on my lunch break last thursday just to see what they had, as they've been getting in some relatively nicer cars lately now that montreal doesn't give them hand me downs anymore. I had always vowed I would never ever in my life buy a car from there. Well, I did. This one wasn't even on the website but when I got there it fit the bill!

- 1993 R33 Gts-T
- Black on Black (I've wanted this colour scheme since I was a kid!)
- 52236 Original Kms!!! <---I could literally eat off the engine
- No rust what so ever
- 17' Rays Payton Place "Knight Marquis" wheels
- HKS mushroom filter

I really wanted a close to stock car because I like doing everything myself, and its great peice of mind to know it hasn't been fucked with. Apart from a few paint blemishes the car is immaculate.

The clutch was fried on it when I test drove it so it's getting a new one installed and the flywheel machined, safety, and e-test, so I will be picking it up this Friday (June 11th, my fucking 21st birthday!) I'd say I treated myself to one badass birthday present. Alas, now I'm broke hahaha.

I'll post up some more pictures soon, these were taken off the site, and my phone pics will equally suck.

Plans for the meantime/end of summer:
- PBM coilovers
- Turbo elbow/downpipe
- 3.5' HKS catback
- Install my greddy BOV, and deck, and boost gauge
- And this saturday I'll be changing all the fluids and take out the mesh behind the grill and the stupid lights on the bumper

Anyways I'm fucking pumped and can't wait to get this bitch!

***This is when I first got the car

Rays Payton Place "Knight Marquis"

***This window has since had the tint removed

so first mods:
MAX wheel spacers front and back!

Before:

After:

Then my 3.5' HKS catback came here from FEAST, a 3 inch downpipe and testpipe also showed up:)

Then I cleaned it up, took off some goofy stuff, and managed to take a few nice pictures of it.

Then I bought these tien springs for dirt cheap off a buddy. I'm rocking them until 2011 when I can order the new PBM coilovers:):):)

Sitting lower now

And because my fenders were rubbing like a bitch and peeling chunks of rubber off like apple slices I bought this!

So this is where I'm at so far, i plan on taking more pictures as this build quickly progresses. This winter will involve a BN style kit, Custom roof spoiler (Since I can't afford a crappy fitting UK version), wingless trunk, cage, coilovers, DMAX style hood and fmic.

I've got all winter to tinker on this thing so I'm pretty pumped. If you guys have any feedback for me send it my way! I'll most likely be buying my fmic kit soon but I'm stuck paying for University at the moment so I'll be living the poor life once again hahaha.

Cheers!

Matt

[ Edited Tue Aug 31 2010, 03:07PM ]
MattRose
Tue Aug 31 2010, 03:12PM
Registered Member #829

And this was the first burnout I've ever tried on anything......yes I edited out the 2 stalls hahaha.##SANITISED## src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14209293" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0">##SANITISED##>

Drift Cult visits Greg's Cottage from Matt Rose on Vimeo.

[ Edited Wed Sep 01 2010, 12:59AM ]
comatoseghost
Tue Aug 31 2010, 03:25PM
Registered Member #709

I really like how as these burnouts are being done, there's dudes just chillin drinking brewskis. Pretty much classic. (why mind the air I'm breathing when I have this ice cold...)

Edit: Should also mention, that's obviously a very nice, very clean car you've got there. Look forward to what will come.

[ Edited Tue Aug 31 2010, 03:27PM ]
Gary.Suk
Tue Aug 31 2010, 07:48PM
Registered Member #824

coool
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:01AM

Registered Member #2

clean start! seeing one all stock reminds me about how lame and slow my 33 used to be.

that quad laid down a suprisingly mean burnout too ...indoors lol
MattRose
Tue Nov 22 2011, 08:12PM
Registered Member #829

Jesus never updated this bad boy. Here's the beast now:
- Stance Coils (couldn't get PBM at the time)
- Full PBM multilink
- PBM solid bushings
- PBM Spacers
- little exterior crap etc

Dan at MAX USA
Thu Nov 24 2011, 03:44AM

Registered Member #2

awesome, glad to see you're showing that thing who is boss!
MattRose
Fri Feb 15 2013, 06:10PM
Registered Member #829

Holy hell, it's definitely been a while since I've updated this bad boy. SO lots has happened to my Skyline since I last posted. Let's start with me crashing it the day before I was suppose to sell it in order to build an FC.

It wasn't as bad as it looked. I smashed my PS pump, rad, rad support, clutch fan, and prematurely deleted my A/C. The frame didn't move an inch and the fender rail was bent down by a hair.

Ironically enough the day before I crashed my buddy and I bought a smashed R33 and a spare front clip sans an engine.

So we cut out my smashed rad support and welded in the new one from the clip and coated it all in God's sweet nectar, POR15.

After that I picked up a PS Duce kit from Japan since I had to make Free Willy look like less like some GTR wannabe and more like the S14 I've never had.

After that I stripped down the interior, removed the wretched sound deadening (I'll kill myself before I ever do that again), stitch welded it, and painted it all sexy like.

After that I tossed my carpet back in so I didn't slide around.

The underside of the car was stitched and POR15ed in some areas, as well as an FMIC installed and a crash bar. Here is what the car ended up like this year, I gave it shit and it took it.

Sorry not sorry $1300 body kit:

The car was plasti-dipped matte gun metal. For $300 you can't really go wrong. Our entire team will look like this come this season.

The Collective running at 50%

2013, bend over, I'm coming in Dry:

This season will see:

- Front and rear big boy overs
- Knuckles (Can someone verify if MAX still makes R33 ones?)
- Hydro
- Twin calipers in the rear
- Harness and harness bar
- New brakes all around
- Some baller daily wheels
- Vented hood scoop
- Rear crash bar
- Welded diff unless I find a cheap 2-way

Anyways thats my one update for the year haha. If you guys want to check us out we hail from Eastern Canada, and we are The Collective:

R33 - Matt Rose
S14 w/ Blacktop S13 SR - Greg Gagnon
S14 w/ Rb25 - Ryan Grenon
FC3S w/ 1JZ - James Ahokas

You guys can follow our blog on Tumblr, its mainly titties and drifting related stuff:

http://drift-tsunami.tumblr.com/

You can also check us out on Facebook where we'll be posting lots of our videos and media stuff etc:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Collective/278495465504481

And here is a quick video we threw together from a drift day last year....I need to work on my ebraking fuck.

http://vimeo.com/48919344

[ Edited Fri Feb 15 2013, 06:13PM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF