Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: 作ってもらいたいパーツ Wish List
humbly request your services for AE86 << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Lu_e
Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:48AM
Registered Member #938

Well i'm far from good at drifting.... & I understand your products are geared toward this style. That's what somewhat worries me about the s13 setup.. people are saying it drastically affects the feel/reaction of the car.

[ Edited Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:49AM ]
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:54AM

Registered Member #2

they are saying drastically in a negative way?
Lu_e
Sat Jan 29 2011, 06:00AM
Registered Member #938

Both sides. Some are actually saying more twitchy.. I guess people are concerned about the effects on suspension geometry which no one has completely figured out...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/208-s13-front-coilovers-into-86-*e7*?p=286301&viewfull=1#post286301

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/208-s13-front-coilovers-into-86-*e7*?p=295861&viewfull=1#post295861

ke70 dave is going BACK to OEM gear after using s13... and yet others are praising it?

idk it's a tough & dramatic decision. People fall in love with the Corolla's handling which seems very twitchy to me (unexperienced racer) and to throw Nissan parts of all things at it! (sarcastic) i'm definitely not a complete purist

[ Edited Sat Jan 29 2011, 06:04AM ]
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jan 29 2011, 06:13AM

Registered Member #2

Twitchy because its a light car?

Our steering knuckle tuning for nissan makes the steering quicker which actually offers more control and a more relaxed drifving position because your hands are not flailing around. You can initiate a drift with a flick of the wrist and you can come out of the drift back to grip in a more controlled fashion instead of the wheel spinning violently back straight. Minimizes the input and output. While increasing overall angle dramatically. However I imagine this would be bad on a grip car where you want to hold a precise line around long sweeping corners.

[ Edited Sat Jan 29 2011, 06:16AM ]
Hollywood
Sat Jan 29 2011, 07:18AM
Registered Member #708

all i can do is laugh to start, take a deep breath and say this. lu_e has a point it makes a big diff on the condition of the car. i got my chassis for free and its complete auto sr5 and it has to be the cleanest 86 i have ever seen. seriously i have service records of the car all the way up to the day i got it that the thing was serviced by the dealer (i know stupid lol ) never the less it is old..

as far as the attraction i can offer two views one of the owner of an 86 and one that is the opinion of other profesional racers that i have heard over the years.

mine is that the car is the one car that always seems to escape my grasps, no matter how bad i want one or if i own one i can never get a chance to do anything with it or anything althogh i have to admit the power platforms for the corolla leave something to be desired but hey thats why i love jsp's swap of the honda f20 keep the sound of the high rev toyota 20v but make way more reliable power.

then there is the opinion of some gt drivers and also tsuchia san, they say that the 86 is the one car that is so hard to figure out. but when you do its the easiest car to drive. its the perfect learning tool to drive cuz you have to drive it right or suffer the consequences. if you drive a car that is more forgiving you never learn the proper way to react (quote from sr jackie stewart )

never the less its old so what but the reason you buy an old triump or austin or alfa isnt becasue its the fastest thing out there. its simply for the sure fact that its there and still faster than most the cars on the track (new or old)

just click the link turn up your speakers and close your eyes. if you dont get turned on your should check your pulse !!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UAuBu6hLs
just saying

Hollywood
Sat Jan 29 2011, 07:20AM
Registered Member #708

was going to add but totally forgot (back is killing me) i have driven kado's s14 with the knucle mod and without and i have to say its super lazy days with the mod. super easy to initiate and smooth. i have to honestly say the amount of stearing input is perefect for grip as well as drift. id rather keep my hands on the wheel than pas hands for a tight turn any day.
Hollywood
Sat Jan 29 2011, 07:21AM
Registered Member #708

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9ZpBgi4e0

think this is gabes car from techno toy tunning but never the less its a prime example if what were talkin about. properly built 86 that is fun fast and reliable.

[ Edited Sat Jan 29 2011, 07:23AM ]
Lu_e
Sat Jan 29 2011, 06:44PM
Registered Member #938

Dan at MAX USA wrote ...

Our steering knuckle tuning for nissan makes the steering quicker which actually offers more control and a more relaxed drifving position because your hands are not flailing around. You can initiate a drift with a flick of the wrist and you can come out of the drift back to grip in a more controlled fashion instead of the wheel spinning violently back straight. Minimizes the input and output. While increasing overall angle dramatically. However I imagine this would be bad on a grip car where you want to hold a precise line around long sweeping corners.

Another point was made about re-valving and spring choice playing a large part in their decision as well.
Hollywood
Sat Jan 29 2011, 07:31PM
Registered Member #708

[quote][i]

Another point was made about re-valving and spring choice playing a large part in their decision as well.
[/quote1296329303]

its a good thing i plan on gettin as much seat time as i can to get things right huh? i even went out and did something i said i would never do just to make sure we get it right. i went out and got a silver top 20v and black top harness and ecu to run map and im in the process of rebuilding it just to give it a fair chance in life. (which will be sold for an f22 later) but yeah i would prefer to do this so we can eliminate as much complaints as possible.
(yeah i know its frekin impoisble with the cry babys on club 4ag)

this is providin dan decides to go threw with the build.

[ Edited Sun Jan 30 2011, 05:52AM ]
Lu_e
Sun Jan 30 2011, 02:17AM
Registered Member #938

HOTDAM wrote ...

its a good thing i plan on gettin as much seat time as i can to get things right huh? i even went out and did something i said i would never do just to make sure we get it right. i went out and got a silver top 20v and black top harness and ecu to run map and im in the process of rebuilding it just to give it a fair chance in life. (which will be sold for an f22 later) but yeah i would prefer to do this so we can eliminate as much complaints as possible.
(yeah i know its frekin impoisble with the cry babys on club 4ag)

I was speaking of people re-valving and deciding on an appropriate s13 setup for an 86. Not so much about the development of the 86 specific setup.

[ Edited Sun Jan 30 2011, 02:17AM ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF