Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: 話すことはなんでもいいです Chat About Anything :: トピック以外の投稿 Off topic posts
For you San Diego guys << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
o.g.darkdrifter
Wed Sep 16 2009, 03:48am
Registered Member #580

I'm looking into a career in teaching and have the opportunity to go anywhere in the nation to go to school/ start a career in teaching. I know I want to move back to the west coast and San Diego seems like a pretty cool to settle down in.

So from the perspective of the guys that live there what are some of the goods and what are some of the bads? What is there to do, what is the weather like, what's the crime like, etc etc. I live in northern Louisiana right now so I already know it's better than here, I'm just trying to get a comparison to other nice cities.
Martin
Wed Sep 16 2009, 08:05pm
Registered Member #5

perfect weather, perfect beaches, and a lot of stuck up girls(but they are hot). I've been living here for like 12 years since I moved from japan and I cant really get enough of it.....not a aot of place to drift but the tracks are only 2~3 hours away.
Dan at MAX USA
Wed Sep 16 2009, 08:47pm

Registered Member #2

lol martin
he's right dont try to talk to the girls in the nightclubs here, its full of fail
There is more ethnic diversity here than anywhere in the middle states or the south although if you are in east county it may remind you a little more of the midwest, thats where to pickup some white chicks that are not snobby.
We put on a once a year event here, you can see it in the events section.
there is some drifing in the inland empire about an hour and a half away too
there is good and bad parts of town, some places you should feel comfortable parking a fixed up car and some you should not.

I supppose we're famous for the weather and also the high cost of living, but there is a good drift shop in town that does some good work for reasonable prices : )
o.g.darkdrifter
Thu Sep 17 2009, 03:53am
Registered Member #580

My main thing is the weather. The weather here is retarded. It rains all the time and it doesn't cool down from it at all. And it's humid all the time, unless it's winter time, and then it's like 30 degrees outside. I miss being in the bay where you actually get all four seasons. I think SD would be a nice change from the bay area but way nicer to live than Louisiana lol.

Having nice streets to drive around and scenery like mountains and fine ass girls would be nice too lol. Driving to events in socal would definetly be worth the drive. Hell we drive 4-5hrs to mineral wells now.

And having a shop like PSM locally would be dope as hell.
o.g.darkdrifter
Thu Sep 17 2009, 04:59am
Registered Member #580

Oh yeah how are the schools there? Do any of you still go to school? I'd probably need a little part time job while I was getting my degree, is that even possible any more in California? lol
Never Lift
Tue Sep 29 2009, 04:43pm
Registered Member #9

california's education system is pretty fucked up. not a good place to be a teacher right now. Budget cuts and lay-offs. but everything else about SD is great.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF