Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: 作ってもらいたいパーツ Wish List
Front Knuckle << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Dan at MAX USA
Sat Jul 10 2010, 12:15am

Registered Member #2

I think the best way is to buy knuckles / lower control arms on ebay in the USA, have them shipped here and then we'll mod them however you want and ship to you.
Our super angle mod is $400 installed and the roll center is $150
They can be independant, but makes more sense to do everything at once taking everything into consideration and doing what is appropriate for your car.

Tommy, You messing with Caster? Less?
You seen less additional camber , toe change under compression?
swiftmini
Mon Jul 12 2010, 10:22am
Registered Member #507

Awesome, these look greaqt

Quick question though. I ran simialr rc mods for the last few months. When i dropped the bottom of the hub down i kept the angle as it is as stock and moved the lot down by 50mm. This meant that the lca collided with the brake disc. I put a 10mm spacer between the hub and disc to overcome this problem. I also had simialr sak mod which dropped the track rod end by 60mm. I had parallel arms and it handled great.

My question is whether you drop the tapered hole straight down, or follow the kpi angle?

And also do you make a new part with taper or do you use the original piece of hub and weld it back in?

Also anychance i can have your opinion on why you need loads of power to drift with very low ackerman?

I have very little ackerman with rc correction from and rear. I also moved the rack froward by 18mm and from a nooby point of view i made my car alot easier to drive that before the modded knuckles.

I cant wait until the rears are finished and for sale!! Iam in the market for new knuckles right now
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Jul 12 2010, 09:47pm

Registered Member #2

We dropped it inbetween straight and the KPI, Need an adjustable LCA to change that more.

Original taper is used.

Theory with zero ackerman you could carry your drift along a straight section very far with good front traction and in various corners you have the power to easily steer with the rear as both tires track together, But if you did not have the power to sustain such a long high speed drift then its usefullness is limited and side effects would compromise the grip on a low power car.

[ Edited Mon Jul 12 2010, 09:48pm ]
pete
Wed Jul 28 2010, 01:48pm
Registered Member #524

damn it.. I need a daily.
swiftmini
Thu Jul 29 2010, 02:12pm
Registered Member #507

Thanks for that dan

I guess less kpi will help keep the wheel upright and small increase in scrub radius probably doesnt hurt too much.

I was running massively reduced ackerman but quite liked it. I only have 290hp though. I may stay with it for now as the understeer upon innitiation wasnt too bad and tyre wear wasnt too bad.

Cheers
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF