Parts Shop MAX :: Forums :: MAXに質問 Ask MAX :: パーツショプMAXプロダクトフォーラム Parts Shop MAX Products Forum
ついに製作開始しました!! Super angle steering knuckle project << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
Kevin
Fri Mar 28 2008, 07:47pm
Registered Member #216

Nice. I hope to promoted your parts in Canada
Zenkikid
Sat Mar 29 2008, 06:44am
Registered Member #35

would the price get cheaper if there would be a core exchange?
Dan at MAX USA
Sun Mar 30 2008, 06:08pm

Registered Member #2

I dont think I want to be hunting down OEM knuckles for everyone and I'm sure people dont want to pay more when they can just send in their knuckle so I think we would just do it the cheapest way only, requiring every customer to send in a core. If someone has a situation that requires zero down time then they can search for a spare set.

I had the opportunity to track test these things at Horse thief mile and balcony yesterday. I have to say this is like a whole new world for drifting. They are that good. While it doesn't take any time to get used to the knuckles on the street, It defenately takes at least 1 full day at the track to get confident with the new posibilities that are presented to you by having nearly infinite counter steer. At first I didn't really know what to do when I drifted past an angle I never drifted at before so my first reaction was to lift which made me spin so next I tried to mash the gas when I was in the new angle zone and it worked beautifully. Once I realy got used to it I noticed all kinds of things:
The input on the steering wheel at initiation is refreshingly reduced.
The old heavyness and reduced control at and around full lock is gone.
Its just as easy to countersteer at a maximum angle of attack as any other steering angle.
I have more control over the car when I'm not whipping my hands around the steering wheel like before.
A flick of the wrist pretty much covers most input reqirements on the track.
If you do spin around which is harder to do, the turning radius is so tight that you don't have to grab the e-brake to do a 180 to get going the right direction on a narrow course.
The reduced input actually works both ways so when you let go of the wheel to let it correct, it does not spin as much or as hard as before.
There is more control and precision coming out of a big fast drift on to a straight because you need to slowly unwind the counter steer when you lift the throttle a bit, and the reduced turns of the wheel allow you to do it with more grace.
When coming from a straight throwing the car sideways into turn you can be as aggressive as you want with the angle because the counter steer is there to back you up.
When you do hit the bump stop which is almost impossible now its more of a light tap then a WHAM like before.
Its almost impossible to hit the bumpstop and maintain a drift because when you actually hit the bumpstop now you are at such a ridiculous angle you are looking over your shoulder to see where you are going.

I'm not just creating hype, its really that good. This changes everything. I definitely recommend this part not just for you animal drifters but for beginners too because it just makes everything easier. I think grip racers will like this too.

Since this is so obviously a must have item, we'll get this into production ASAP.

One more thing, about the two holes, its easier to learn - a more understated change to use the first hole, but if you don't use the second hole you're missing out.

[ Edited Sun Mar 30 2008, 06:24pm ]
Wagonodoom
Mon Mar 31 2008, 01:33am
Registered Member #113

yeah Hey MAN is like 26,000 yen and you take shinji your knuckle and he does it
Never Lift
Mon Mar 31 2008, 05:32am
Registered Member #9

im still having nightmares about my steering locking up yeasterday. i need this.
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Mar 31 2008, 04:24pm

Registered Member #2

loud n clear brotha, I'm on it
fran
Mon Mar 31 2008, 07:58pm
Registered Member #45

how long does it take to modify the knuckle? I can remove mines now and drop it off
simplistek
Mon Mar 31 2008, 09:14pm
Registered Member #126

what's the price on these killer knuckles? i'll go to pick your part and pull some knuckles off
Dan at MAX USA
Mon Mar 31 2008, 09:35pm

Registered Member #2

I dont know pricing or availability yet, will announce when I do....UPDATE:

Alright heres what we're thinking, We want to do a more complete super angle kit (and still do it for less) than our competitors in Japan who sell you a comparable knuckle extension and welding service ONLY for over $500. Its really not fair to just sell you a knuckle upgrade and stick you with the responsibility of customizing your lower arm with a bump stop and reinforcement because if you F that up you can kill the whole point of the Super angle kit all together, and or bend your LCA. So we will include CNC cut reinforcements for the entire length of the lower arm with professional welding and we'll weld on a threaded bump stop that is adjustable by bolting on additional plates using included countersunk screws. That will allow you to go back and forth between our two tie rod mounting options without re-welding a different bump stop each time. In addition we'll include steering angle spacers which are essential to getting max angle - even if you already have some ours are 1 mm wider than the average spacer. I think its better to have us weld everything at once, wont take that much more time for us but it should cut down a lot on you're down time and headaches.

So you get the following parts and services:

Pair of MAX super angle knuckle extensions
Removal of OEM knuckle bump stops
Welding of CNC part to your OEM knuckles
Clean and Paint finished knuckles
MAX Adjustable LCA bump stops
Cut off OEM LCA bump stops
Welding of adjustable bump stop to your OEM lower arm
Completely box in U shaped Lower arm with machined reinforcements
Clean and paint finished lower control arm
Pair of MAX super angle tie rod spacers

What you need to do:

Send your stock knuckles and lower arms and pay $400 + shipping.

Or locals can bring in a car and we'll do the tear down, everything mentioned above and install with alignment for $550 with one day service.

So are we on to something good here?

[ Edited Tue Apr 01 2008, 08:38am ]
fran
Tue Apr 01 2008, 09:40am
Registered Member #45

yes....im dooown seriously...lemme get the coilovers first
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF