Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Parts Shop Max, Dan at MAX USA
Author Post
chask
Wed Jun 08 2011, 12:29am
Registered Member #666

Palm beach was sweet. have no pictures for the adventure but it was a good time finally met tommy, and matt introduced me to a dude from your parts warren. pretty cool guy.i guess hes living in florida now haha. im going to try and fly out to irwindale for rd7 if i can afford it i might actually try and move out that way and see how it plays out id like to get some time in at HTM and make all your sweet west coast events. try something new. i know work is hard to find out there right now from what ive been told??? you guys got any places hiring near the shop?
chask
Tue Jun 14 2011, 01:31am
Registered Member #666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
chask
Tue Jun 14 2011, 01:53am
Registered Member #666

HAHAHA couple of idiot's

palm beach was sweet i matched the trashcans in the pro-am pits

This hasbeen my life for the past 2 months a bag with stuff and my bike ive been all over, ATL for FD RD 2, Orlando for XDC, Palm beach for FD RD 3 finally starting to settle down

My friends have these sweet scooters called "power wings" they are like drift scooters they are really fun we took them up to ATL everyone wanted to ride them lol so we decided to take it to the next level. Me and my friend brent got the idea of modding one of them.

this is drift. hes pretty cool.

got really bored today decied to wax my car and got to advance to get a relay for my fans. figured id snap a few pics with the iphone

chask
Sat Nov 26 2011, 07:03pm
Registered Member #666

sooo i blew up my motor.. and sold it all i bought a vk56. sweet stuff in the works! ill post some pics of progess and stuff
Hamish
Sun Nov 27 2011, 07:59am
Registered Member #1049

Good stuff, i <3 57's

[ Edited Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:22am ]
chask
Tue Nov 29 2011, 12:34am
Registered Member #666

Sooooo my car ran really awesome idk what happened but it like blew up.. i guess the bottom end was just old and worn. Honestly. like many other people im kinda just sick of the whole sr thing. i respect them a bunch real sweet motors but ive had 4 and i just wana give something else a try.

Soooooooooooo i picked up this beast. vk56 for 500$$$$ got an adapter plate getting made now. once thats done ill have mounts and such and then ill start working on fabing an intake. hollywood i know you did alot with ryans build got any advice?

chask
Tue Dec 27 2011, 05:53pm
Registered Member #666

the adapter plate has been finished thanks to brett collins at swap1uz.com
it still requires machine work but as far as the cnc master cut its done.
Hollywood
Wed Dec 28 2011, 06:00am
Registered Member #708

man lets start with this car looks a million times better than it dose in your sig, need to update that like stat lol. so vk huh well their are a bunch of ways to go abuot doing it. one is use the stock intake and cut the hood and try and wire in the drive by wire system the other is itb's baller but around 2grand plus another 200 for v stacks from techno toy tunning (yes the corolla v stacks bolt up to the itbs we worked it out so it would be that way) or you could call hogan and see what they make. also neo motor sports in cali makes adaptor plates and clutch adaptors for the vk to 350 or 370z trans. think the whole kit is like 500....

uh insider pbm forum insider information for you kid-o's only jba shorty titan headers for the first gen titan bolt up and run perfect asside from one tube that needs a slight modification in it to clear the rack on the z (not sure on the s chassis think they are close to the same width...

as far as engine management the cheapest is to get the aem universal system and then buy a base tune from mitch peterson (guy who tuned ryans car as well as forsbergs cars not to mention all the big teams in fd also wrote the interface program for the aem if im not mistaken) either way he will see ya a base tune or kick ya down a free one if you tune with him....

oh so make a custom brakcet for the alternator on the right hand side and run an mr2 sw20 electric power steering pump. their is no room to run the stock configuration and running the remote electric pump is a cake walk...

holla at me son if ya need anything els.
Hollywood
Wed Dec 28 2011, 06:10am
Registered Member #708

layed off dan lol thats funny. i left ryan after long beach. i have a wife and two kids and they were unable to pay me for my services so i could no longer help them out.. ryan is a great guy and i wish the best of him and his family just had to take care of my family. so i left for the north west slope of alaska to work on the oil pipe lines. and now im on my way back to live in las vegas ( will arive in april) so if ya need any help let me know.
chask
Thu Dec 29 2011, 02:50pm
Registered Member #666

right on! thanks man i know i need to just take that sig pic off its like 2 years old lol haha. well i got a steel adapter cnc'ed from a friend for 120. we are gona test it im going to try and score a 350z trans from a local shop for cheap or free or find one to borrow for mach up just for now.

the shop in tampa by me called fever racing has a way to use the stock ecu and bypass the ibpm or what ever. but you have to use the drive by wire setup. i take it if i bypass the drive by wire setup id need to make a custom throttle bot or run itbs? and what else would i need to run itbs"? any special fuel system or gnarly shit like that? another questions is the brake master. only s chassis besides the drift empourim car ive seen this motor in is some red neck dude in TN he ran some sort of like hydro booster boosterless master.. but i see that chase bays make a boosterless master for like 3 hundo. idk how effective that would be for the drift syle of driving but it seems like a painless way to tackle that issue. thanks a bunch for your help man!! i figured you would know a bunch about this. whats your real name btw. my name is chris everyone just calls me haskell! (last name) but thanks man any help is allways welcome!!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF