Author Post
TheNuge
Mon Feb 07 2011, 07:58pm
Registered Member #945

thanks for the pix. good stuff
TheNuge
Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:45am
Registered Member #945

for your intake problem have you seen this? http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=KIT-S13-SR-AI-SET

it should move your intake to the front bottom close to the intercooler
Matty
Wed Feb 09 2011, 03:02pm
Registered Member #654

Thanks for the replies. Spacers are 12mm front, 18mm rear.
Chask, I live in the Fort Myers area.
For the intake I ended up ordering some piping and got everything figured out. Fits great now.
Since there isn't a way to make it follow the hotpipe and end behind the headlight, I decided to make it go under.

Then I headed off to the shop. Our family friend's 33' Willy that was just brought down from NY was sitting at the entrance to get a fuel leak at the carbs checked out. This thing is a monster.

After I walked in a bit I saw the chopped and stretched 55' chevy still sitting in the air. This car has over 60k in it already, and is sitting on a z06 chassis, tubbed and retro fitted lights.

Since my piping is t6 aluminum and the flange from the original inlet pipe is cast we couldn't weld them together, so we had to make a new flange from scratch. We grabbed a scrap piece of 1/4" aluminum from one of the containers outside and got to work. We started by tracing the original shape onto our piece and took it over to the bridgeport to mill out the center bore.

While that was going on, I took a few shots around the spot I was in. Machines for all kinds of specialty work in here! The "mirrors" in the background are actually mirror tinted windows that conceal one of the nicest bars I've ever seen. No pics of the inside sadly :\

The 55' sitting next to an old school bus that is being rebuilt to drag spec.

There are dozens of motors and blowers and things stacked on shelves that go up to the ceiling throughout the shop. There is even a loft area where cars and bikes are stored above the engine assembly room.

A nice big trophy wall.

A sweet roadster with what I think had a built 383 sitting in the bay.

Factory Five style AC chassis. Pretty sure this had a 383 in it too.

Bridgeports galore!

I took a saw, a grinder, and a file to what was left to get a decent looking finished product. I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out... I hope this one fits!

And the finished product..

Only problem now is I'm not getting any spark. I've tested everything I can think of and there are only a couple things it could be. When testing the CAS I got a 0-5v reading on the 180* signal lead and no voltage reading on the 1* signal lead. Other thing is my switched wire coming of the eccs relay is not putting out any voltage... not sure if that has anything to do with it since I bypassed it and it still didn't work.

[ Edited Wed Feb 09 2011, 04:48pm ]
TheNuge
Fri Feb 11 2011, 01:58am
Registered Member #945

ingenuity! thanks for the pics. very interesting. sorry I cant be of more help!
Matty
Tue May 03 2011, 05:02am
Registered Member #654

Thinking of going lower in the rear... everyone is trying to convince me to leave it. What do you guys think?
Dan at MAX USA
Tue May 03 2011, 09:51pm

Registered Member #2

raise the front lower the rear (just a little) >>> backwards entry spec
Matty
Wed Jun 08 2011, 07:56pm
Registered Member #654

Been doing some work and finally got the car to a track. Had a lot of fun at Tandemonium 2 this past weekend.

The car feels great. Somehow it gets lots of angle and seems pretty manageable. I'm still trying to find videos.
Baka..!
Tue Jun 28 2011, 07:38pm
Registered Member #37

definitely not 383 in that roadster...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF